ADSM-L

Re: .msi

2004-07-16 18:54:39
Subject: Re: .msi
From: TSM_User <tsm_user AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 15:54:13 -0700
Microsoft does not support running an MSI from a mapped network drive when you
are connect to a server via remote desktop to terminal server.

If you were at the consol trying to install it from the mapped network drive it
would have worked. Or, if you run it from the UNC (i.e start | run |
\\Server\Install\setup.exe).

I opened a call with MS about this many years ago and the said it was working
designed.  This was one of the first things I tested when Windows 2003 came
out.  Guess what the problem doesn't exist there so it looks like they changed
the design.

"Gilmore,Mindy" <gilmorem AT OCLC DOT ORG> wrote:
I copied it locally and ran it from there. I am running 5.1.6.7 client