ADSM-L

New Storage Agent instalation

2004-07-15 02:55:29
Subject: New Storage Agent instalation
From: "Bordowicz Wlodzimierz (Poland)" <Bordowicz AT MGI DOT PL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 08:55:12 +0200
Hello,

I have TSM Server 5.1.9.0 on W2K and now run SAN enviroment on few clients.
My question is about path for installation STA.
According to the documentation I should:
Step1: Install STA and Device Driver in 5.1.0.0 version.
Step2: Install STA and Device Driver in 5.1.1.0 version.
Step3: Install STA and Device Driver in 5.1.9.0 version.

Question 1: Is that true must install all the patch, maybe I can install
only latest patch?
(I understand it when I install TSM Server, because patch often update TSM
database)
Question 2: I should reboot machine always after installed Device driver,
maybe I can install all patch Device Driver and reboot only once?

Pozdrawiam/Best wishes

***     Włodzimierz Bordowicz
***     bordowicz AT mgi DOT pl