ADSM-L

Re: directory management class

2004-07-14 16:00:56
Subject: Re: directory management class
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:01:03 -0500
Joni,

We have a small disk pool for the directories (200M is big for us), and the
general data goes in a data pool (200G that I wish could be bigger), and
a separate disk pool for Exchange backups (60G holds 4 exchange databases).

We put all these to one tapepool, and do a single copypoool that is also on
tape.
The copypool goes off site.

We have several NT type domains and back them all up to the same pools.
Our TSM severs are Win2K, most clients are Win2K, NT, 2003 and a few AIX.

Does that help?