ADSM-L

Re: Cancel all processes

2004-07-14 08:22:48
Subject: Re: Cancel all processes
From: Dan Foster <dsf AT GLOBALCROSSING DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 12:22:30 +0000
Hot Diggety! MC Matt Cooper (2838) was rumored to have written:
> I am not aware of a cancel all processes.  However, you can write a
> script to do it.  It would be based on the fact that TSM will tell you
> all the processes that are running.    select process_num from processes
> will give you the process_num  numbers that need to be canceled

One caveat, from the 5.1 help information:

: Some processes, such as reclamation, will generate mount requests in
: order to complete processing. If a process has a pending mount request,
: the process may not respond to a CANCEL PROCESS command until the mount
: request has been answered or cancelled by using either the REPLY or
: CANCEL REQUEST command, or by timing out.

: Use the QUERY REQUEST command to list open requests, or query the
: activity log to determine if a given process has a pending mount
: request.

So a simple q proc (or equivalent) + canc <proc num> operation may
usually work most of the time, but may fail at certain times if you
don't also check for this, too.

-Dan