ADSM-L

directory management classes

2004-07-14 07:08:12
Subject: directory management classes
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 07:08:30 -0400
Hello everyone!

I was just wondering what the standard practice is for backing up
directories.  I know that it is recommended that you backup management
classes with dirmc and specify a certain retention period or else it will
get the longest retained management class in that domain, but how do you
know how long to keep them?  Does it get bound to a backup copy group?  If
so, how many versions would you keep of a directory?  I guess I am a little
confused on how this works.  Also, if I have 5 domains, would it be ok to
direct all of the directories to the same disk pool and then send them to
the same offsite copy pool?  Thanks in advance for any advice you might
have!

Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems