ADSM-L

Re: TSM5.1.8: Can't Reclaim COPYPOOL Volume

2004-07-14 00:26:10
Subject: Re: TSM5.1.8: Can't Reclaim COPYPOOL Volume
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 23:23:07 -0500
From: Dwight McCann [mailto:dwight AT TRIXIE.ISC.UCSB DOT EDU]
>I normally reclaim offsite copypool volumes once a week.  When the
reclaim is complete, some volumes will be STATUS=EMPTY and
ACCESS=OFFSITE.  When I update the volume to ACCESS=READWRITE, it is
dropped from the Copy storage pool and I can put it back into the
scratchpool.  I have a tape that is not working that way.  It is 100%
reclaimable, 0.0% used, has no CONTENT, but just won't go empty.  Am I
doing something wrong or am I confused or am I having a Senior Moment.?

From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager on behalf of Coats, Jack
>consider doing a 'delete volume VOLNAME discarddata=yes' if the volume is
really empty.
I must do this on occasion, but I don't like it.  Sometimes it happens if
there had been a read error on the tape.

...and if that doesn't work, you probably need to check the tape into the
library, set its access to READWRITE, and run an AUDIT VOLUME <VOLUME_NAME>
FIX=YES on it to clear the bad database entry that says that there is data on
the tape even thought there (probably) isn't.

--
Mark Stapleton