ADSM-L

Re: new Services look like DSM but are they?

2004-07-13 09:57:12
Subject: Re: new Services look like DSM but are they?
From: Jurjen Oskam <jurjen-tsm AT STUPENDOUS DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:56:55 +0200
On Tue, Jul 13, 2004 at 02:03:05PM +0200, Martin Krau? wrote:

> One of our file servers(W2K) was hacked last night, and I discovered
> some new services that were not there before. they have the names:

The only safe way to handle a compromised machine is to completely erase
it, and restore from known-good media and backups.

You cannot trust anything on that machine now, unfortunately.

--
Jurjen Oskam

"Avoid putting a paging file on a fault-tolerant drive, such as a mirrored
volume or a RAID-5 volume. Paging files do not need fault-tolerance."-MS Q308417