ADSM-L

Re: Sending events to TEC

2004-07-13 07:14:40
Subject: Re: Sending events to TEC
From: Loren Cain <loren.cain AT DIGICONASP DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 06:59:19 -0400
TSM has a built-in non-TME event adapter.
In the dsmserv.opt file, set the following options:

TECHOST
--Set to hostname or IP address of TEC EventServer

TECPORT
-- Set to the TEC reception port, or '0' if your
   TEC is running on UNIX and you are able to use the
   portmapper service (may not work through firewalls).

TECBEGINEVENTLOGGING
-- Set to 'YES' to activate TEC forwarding when the
   TSM server starts.

UNIQUETECEVENTS
-- You can set this to 'YES' to have TSM send a unique
   event class for each message id. Instead of generic
   "TSM_SERVER_EVENT", TSM would send "TSM_SERVER_ANR####"
   event classes. (I'm not sure at which version this
   capability was added to TSM -- I know it's in 5.2).

Use the ENABLE EVENTS command to configure which
events to forward to TEC. For example:
  ENABLE EVENTS TIVOLI ANR0991
  ENABLE EVENTS TIVOLI ANR0993
  ENABLE EVENTS TIVOLI ANR2507