ADSM-L

Novell, Clusters and TSM

2004-07-13 05:21:35
Subject: Novell, Clusters and TSM
From: Steve Williams <Steve.Williams AT SOLENT.AC DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 10:06:15 +0100
I have 2 Novell Netware 6 (sp4) servers with a shared volume and we use
TSM 5.2 for backups. The SYS volumes both back up fine as does the shared
volume. The problems begin when the shared volume "fails over" to the
other server. In the Cluster Resource load script, I have tried inserting
the command to reload TSM once the volume mounts on the other server....I
have also tried inserting a NCF file into the script but all these entries
appear to be ignored. However, if you run the NCF file manually it works
fine.

Anyone come across this or similar issues with TSM and Novell?

Thanks

Steve Williams

Systems Analyst
Southampton Institute