ADSM-L

TDPSQL

2004-07-12 07:41:59
Subject: TDPSQL
From: Moses Show <Moses.Show AT STPAUL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 12:45:16 +0100
Hi everyone,
        Have a question which has been bugging me all weekend. Set up some
TSM nodes to back up SQL servers using TDP for SQL 5.2.1.
Once installed and configured to test the product works did a manual
backup of a database, which completed o.k. However when I went to look at
the sqfull.log file it give a message " ACO5458W - The TSM server 'backup
delete' settingfor node TSM server NODENAME is setb to NO. Should be set
to YES for proper operation. Processing will continue".

This looks as though no backup data can be deleted from the server even
though expiration may indicate that some backup data  has expired and can
be deleted.

Can anybody shed any light on this for me please ?
This communication, together with any attachments hereto or links contained
herein, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
information that is confidential or legally protected. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure,
copying, dissemination, distribution or use of this communication is STRICTLY
PROHIBITED.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify
the sender immediately by return e-mail message and delete the original and all
copies of the communication, along with any attachments hereto or links herein,
from your system.

The St. Paul Travelers e-mail system made this annotation on 07/12/2004,
07:41:30 AM.