ADSM-L

Re: Archives

2004-07-09 17:31:48
Subject: Re: Archives
From: Tammy Schellenberg <TSchellenberg AT PROSPERACREDITUNION DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 14:30:07 -0700
We move our full archive tapes to a drawer and the script we run is:

move media * stg=archivetape wherestatus=full checklabel=NO

In order to have this work you also have to have configured an overflow
location for your archives, in our case we use shelf as the location ie:

Sequential Access Storage Pools : ARCHIVETAPE

Storage Pool Name

ARCHIVETAPE

Storage Pool Type

PRIMARY

Device Class Name

LTO

Estimated Capacity (MB)

7285615.8

Pct Util

23.5

Pct Migr

30.0

Pct Logical

100.0

High Mig Pct

90

Low Mig Pct

70

Migration Processes

1

Next Storage Pool

-

Maximum Size Threshold

-

Access

READWRITE

Description

-

Overflow Location

shelf

Cache Migrated Files?

-

Collocate?

NO

Reclamation Threshold

100

Maximum Scratch Volumes Allowed

30

Delay Period for Volume Reuse

0

Migration in Progress?

NO

Amount Migrated (MB)

0.0

Elapsed Migration Time (seconds)

0

Reclamation in Progress?

NO

Volume Being Migrated/Reclaimed

-

Last Update Date/Time

2004-07-09 12:00:07.000000

Last Update by (administrator)

SCHELLENBERG

Reclaim Storage Pool

-

Migration Delay

0

Migration Continue

YES

Storage Pool Data Format

Native

Copy Storage Pool(s)

-

Continue Copy on Error?

-

CRC Data

NO

Hopefullly this will help.  The only downside to this is that when you do a
restore and some of the data is on a tape on the shelf you will have to load
it back into the library.  TSM will prompt you for this.

Tammy Schellenberg

Systems Administrator, MCP

Prospera Credit Union

email: tschellenberg AT prosperacreditunion DOT ca

DID: 604-864-6578