ADSM-L

Replacing our onsite tapepool that is used for migration?

2004-07-09 08:45:32
Subject: Replacing our onsite tapepool that is used for migration?
From: David Browne <dbrowne AT HUMANA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 08:44:59 -0400
We will be removing our onsite tapepool that is used for migration of our
disk pool, replacing it with a large disk pool.

Below is the size of the current tapepool.

Storage                      Device             Estimated     Pct
Pct     High  Low  Next Storage
Pool Name             Class Name     Capacity       Util        Migr   Mig
Mig   Pool
                                                                 (MB)
Pct       Pct
---------------------     --------------------   --------------
-------     ------   -----     ----     --------
TAPEPOOL        CARTRIDGE   7,563,426.2        52.2      58.1    90      70

I was considering just adding DASD to our current diskpool, discontinue the
migration process and letting the files expire through  the normal backup
and file expiration process. After time, move  the remaining stranded data
to the disk pool.

Is there a recommended procedure to do this task or can someone suggest a
better procedure?

it is addressed and may contain CONFIDENTIAL material.  If you receive this
material/information in error, please contact the sender and delete or destroy
the material/information.