ADSM-L

Re: Exclude.dir not working?

2004-07-07 14:23:09
Subject: Re: Exclude.dir not working?
From: "Adams, Matt (US - Hermitage)" <maadams AT DELOITTE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 13:12:34 -0500
That was my problem...

Thanks to Andy and all that responded.

Evidently I can't read very well...;->

Regards,

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Andrew Raibeck
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2004 12:18 PM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

The exclude file specfications need to look like this:

   exclude.dir g:\*
   exclude.dir h:\*
   exclude.dir j:\*
   exclude.dir k:\*
   exclude g:\*
   exclude h:\*
   exclude j:\*
   exclude k:\*

Alternatively you can have a domain statement:

   domain -g: -h: -j: -k:

Regads,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Development Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew
Raibeck/Tucson/IBM@IBMUS Internet e-mail: storman AT us.ibm DOT com

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 07/07/2004
09:58:07:

> Can anyone tell me why this is not working?  The backups continue to
> include data from G: H: J: and K:.  This shouldn't be the case.
>
> B/A client 5.2.0.3
> TSM server 5.2.2.3
>

> Dsm.opt has domain all-local
>

> Client option set:
>

> Optionset                     Description                   Last
Update
> [...]
> Excl Directory C:\tsmlvsa\tsmlvsacache        Operating System
> Excl Directory *\Recycler                     dsm.opt
> Excl Directory *\Recycled                     dsm.opt
> Excl Directory *\System Volume Information    dsm.opt
> Excl Directory *\...\ntds                     dsm.opt
> Excl Directory *\...\ntfrs\jet                dsm.opt
> Excl Directory *\...\system32\config          dsm.opt
> Excl Directory *\...\system32\dhcp            dsm.opt
> Excl Directory *\...\system32\LServer         dsm.opt
> Excl Directory *\...\system32\wins            dsm.opt
> Excl Directory *\...\Temporary Internet Files dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\...\ntuser.dat.LOG           Server
> Excl All       *\...\UsrClass.dat             Server
> Excl All       *\...\UsrClass.dat.LOG         Server
> Excl All       *\...\ntuser.dat*              Server
> Incl All       I:\...\Sybari Software\...\*.* Server
> Excl All       I:\...\*.*                     Server
> Excl All       *\...\system32\Perflib*.dat    Server
> Excl All       *\...\Profiles\...\ntuser.dat* Server
> Excl All       *\...\\~*.*                    Server
> Excl All       *\...\*.tmp                    Server
> Excl All       *\io.sys                       Server
> Excl All       *\msdos.sys                    Server
> Excl All       *\...\pagefile.sys             Server
> Excl All       M:\...\*                       Operating System
> Excl All       C:\WINNT\system32\NtmsData\...\* Operating System
> Excl All       C:\WINNT\system32\inetsrv\metabase.xml Operating System
> Excl All       C:\WINNT\system32\inetsrv\metabase.bin Operating System
> Excl All       C:\WINNT\system32\inetsrv\mbschema.xml Operating System
> Excl All       C:\WINNT\System32\DTCLog\MSDTC.LOG Operating System
> Excl All       C:\WINNT\system32\config\system.log Operating System
> Excl All       C:\WINNT\system32\config\system.alt Operating System
> Excl All       C:\WINNT\system32\config\system Operating System
> Excl All       C:\WINNT\system32\config\software.log Operating System
> Excl All       C:\WINNT\system32\config\software Operating System
> Excl All       C:\WINNT\system32\config\security.log Operating System
> Excl All       C:\WINNT\system32\config\security Operating System
> Excl All       C:\WINNT\system32\config\sam.log Operating System
> Excl All       C:\WINNT\system32\config\sam   Operating System
> Excl All       C:\WINNT\system32\config\default.log Operating System
> Excl All       C:\WINNT\system32\config\default Operating System
> Excl All       C:\WINNT\schedlgu.txt          Operating System
> Excl All       C:\WINNT\registration\*.clb    Operating System
> Excl All       C:\WINNT\netlogon.chg          Operating System
> Excl All       C:\WINNT\debug\*               Operating System
> Excl All       C:\WINNT\csc\...\*             Operating System
> Excl All       C:\DOCUME~1\maadams\LOCALS~1\Temp\1\...\* Operating
> System
> Excl All       C:\Documents and Settings\maadams\...\index.dat
Operating
> System
> Excl All       C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
> Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\* Operating System
> Excl All       C:\adsm.sys\...\*              Operating System
> Excl All       *\Pagefile.sys                 Operating System
> Excl All       *\hiberfil.sys                 Operating System
> Excl All       *\...\*.crmlog                 Operating System
> Excl All       *\...\system32\Perflib*.dat    dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\...\Profiles\...\ntuser.dat* dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\...\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\...\*.*  dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\...\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\...\*    dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\...\win386.swp               dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\Program Files\Netscape\...\Cache\*.* dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\Program Files\Netscape\...\Cache\* dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\winnt\profiles\...\History\*.* dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\winnt\profiles\...\History\* dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\IBMDOS.COM                   dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\recycler\...\*.*             dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\recycler\...\*               dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\recycler\*.*                 dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\recycler\*                   dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\IBMBIO.COM                   dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\...\EA DATA. SF              dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\microsoft uam volume\...\*.* dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\microsoft uam volume\...\*   dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\microsoft uam volume\*.*     dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\microsoft uam volume\*       dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\macintosh volume\...\*.*     dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\macintosh volume\...\*       dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\macintosh volume\*.*         dsm.opt
> Excl All       *\macintosh volume\*           dsm.opt
> No DFS include/exclude statements defined.

information
> intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by
law.
 If