ADSM-L

Colocation readonly tape question

2004-07-02 12:28:05
Subject: Colocation readonly tape question
From: Mark Bertrand <Mark.Bertrand AT USUNWIRED DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 11:25:31 -0500
I have a new tapepool that I only use for a couple of nodes that is using
colocation. Can I change the status of a tape that is in that pool to
readonly so I can remove it, even though it is not full? Will TSM then grab
a new tape to use, or will it complain because the "not full" tape is not
available and the backup fail?

If so then I can rotate these tapes by marking them readonly and readwrite
weekly since I am only doing a weekly backup for this special node. Not that
hard to test out, but I thought I may get an answer faster through you guys.

Server, WIN2K, TSM 5.1.6.3

Thanks,
Mark Bertrand