ADSM-L

Re: Migration steps TSM 5.1 to 5.2 on AIX

2004-07-01 09:08:56
Subject: Re: Migration steps TSM 5.1 to 5.2 on AIX
From: Lawrence Clark <Larry_Clark AT THRUWAY.STATE.NY DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 09:09:34 -0400
"No, that is correct. You will have to upgrade AIX to 5.2 before you
can
upgrade TSM to 5.2."

But can you run TSM 5.1 on AIX 5.2?

If not then:

We have AIX 4.3.3 on an SP node that will not run  AIX 5.2
We have a P615 that will not run AIX 4.3.3
So if AIX 5.2 will not run TSM 5.1 and we need to move from the SP node
(running AIX 4.3) to the P615 (running AIX 5.2), is there any choice but
to concurrently go from TSM 5.1 to TSM 5.2?

So the question remains, when the config files and database is
migrated, will an upgradedb be invoked when TSM is started, or is there
a way of doing the upgradedb prior to starting the server?

>>> mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM 07/01/2004 9:00:05 AM >>>
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Lawrence Clark

--
Mark Stapleton