ADSM-L

Re: Novell cluster volume not able to contact client

2004-06-30 15:37:10
Subject: Re: Novell cluster volume not able to contact client
From: Jim Kirkman <jmk AT EMAIL.UNC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 15:36:24 -0400
Timothy,

If you're not going to use the dsmcad for scheduling (which I would
recommend) then you have to have the dsmc sched nlm loaded.

To use the cad you need the line managedservices webclient schedule.

Here's an example of our opt file for a cluster node:

*  Communications settings
*  -------------------------------------------------------

*  Setting Options for the TCP/IP Communication Method
*  -------------------------------------------------------
*
   COMMMETHOD                TCPip
    TCPSERVERADDRESS         xxx.x.xxx.xx
    TCPPORT                  1500

*  Setting Nodename
*  -------------------------------------------------------

  NODENAME                  aisutah_data2

 MEMORYEFFICIENTBACKUP YES

 NWPWFILE YES

managedservices webclient schedule
* traceflags service

txnbytelimit 25600
tcpwindowsize 63
tcpbuffsize 32
tcpnodelay yes
resourceutilization 10

domain d2:

httpport 7224
passwordaccess generate
errorlogname d2:\backup\dsmerror.log
schedlogname d2:\backup\dsmsched.log
schedlogretention 7
errorlogretention 7
clusternode yes
passworddir d2:\backup

Timothy Hughes wrote:

Hello,

We are still working on our Novell TSM Cluster, We keep
getting the following message in the server log. while trying to
backup the Domain Novl3 on the Cluster at midnight.

(ANR2716E Schedule prompter was not able to contact client
                        DOCCS1USRS using type 1 (10.xx.xx.xx 1501).

I can click on a link to that domain and it takes me to the
backup/restore
gui screen so why isn't the backup working a midnight?

Anyone with any suggestions/tips/hints?

Thanks for any comments in advance!

The DSM.opt file for the Domain Novl3

    COMMMETHOD              TCPip
    TCPCLIENTADDRESS        xx.xx.xx.xx
     TCPSERVERADDRESS        xx.xx.xx.xx  (tsm server ip)
     TCPPORT                 1500
     HTTPPORT                1635
  errorlogretention 14
  schedlogretention 7
NODENAME       docsiusr
CLUSTERNODE    yes
DOMAIN         nvol3:
ERRORLOGNAME   docsiusr\nvol3:tivoli\dsmerror.log
SCHEDLOGNAME   docsiusr\nvol3:tivoli\dsmsched.log
PASSWORDDIR    docsiusr\nvol3:tivoli\password
passwordaccess generate
NWPWFILE       YES
schedmode      prompted
* Testflag allows client to exit from unload
TESTFLAG enablescriptinput
* CADMODE WEBCLIENT SCHED (possibly needed to manager client acceptor
and sched services.
 MEMORYEFFICIENTBACKUP YES
 NWEXITNLMP NO
* NWUSER server_1_name\user\:password