ADSM-L

Advice needed - different backup's from same node ?

2004-06-29 08:17:22
Subject: Advice needed - different backup's from same node ?
From: Brian Ipsen <bin AT PROGRESSIVE DOT DK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 14:17:05 +0200
Hi,

 I need an advice on how to handle backup from a specific node... On weekdays,
the backup should run "normally", but ignore specific file-types, e.g. .pst
The .pst files should be backup during the weekend instead... Is this possible
without installing 2 instances of the scheduler - or do I have to register 2
nodes for this server, one for the weekday backups, and another for handling
the pst files during saturday/sunday ??

 From a license point of view, I would assume, that registering 2
schedulers/nodes from the same host is to be considered as 1 CPU (as far as I
remember, IBM calls it CPU instead of hosts)...

Mvh/Rgds.
Brian Ipsen
PROGRESSIVE IT A/S

Århusgade 88, 3.sal     Tel: +45 3525 5070
DK-2100 København Ø     Fax: +45 3525 5090
Denmark                 Dir. +45 3525 5080
Email:bin AT progressive DOT dk

---
This mail was scanned for virus and spam by Progressive IT A/S.
---