ADSM-L

Re: Delays in connection establishment

2004-06-28 09:29:17
Subject: Re: Delays in connection establishment
From: Sascha Askani <se7en_t_2 AT GMX DOT NET>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 15:28:50 +0200
> >As far as the patch level is concerned, I used the latest TSM-Binaries
> found
> > on
>
>ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/maintenance/server/v5r2/AIX/LATEST
> >Should I have installed patches ? I could do this next time I'm there...
>
> Investigate and apply patches if you encounter problems which the patches
> say
> they fix
> (ftp.software.ibm.com/storage/tivoli-storage-management/patches/...).
> Patches address specific issues, and have not necessarily been subject to
> integrated testing as the "maintenance" levels have.  I doubt that they
> would
> pertain to your delay issue, but the fixes available in patches are well
> worth
> knowing about as you head toward production with a new TSM level, as they
> may
> specifically address hardware or access techniques employed at a site.
> We like to see patch levels cited in postings both to help assist others
> and
> to learn how a given level is helping.

I installed no specific patch at the mentioned site, since I am always very
cautious about installing something where

-----------------
This is interim fix (patch) level 5.2.2.5
It is intended to provide  relief for critical problems where a local
circumvention is unavailable.
A limited amount of testing has been done to verify the fixes.
Consequently, we strongly recommend  that you perform additional
testing before putting the package into a production environment.

is stated :-)
But I keep it in the eye.

Thanks anyway, I'll keep you updated :)

Greetings,