ADSM-L

Re: error during generate backupsets

2004-06-25 09:18:40
Subject: Re: error during generate backupsets
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:18:25 -0400
>This error message appears to be associated with a particular node each
>time a generate backupset is done;
>Would running an archive conversion on the node help alleviate this, or is
>this something more serious?
>
>ANR9999D smexec.c(7690): ThreadId<79> Internal error in obtaining the node
>conversion state for Session 22036.

Dale - More details may help in the pursuit of this problem, such as the TSM
       software levels of the server and the client whose filespace is
involved, plus the command syntax used.  The history of this filespace may
shed light on issues.

>From my understanding, this kind of error occurs when the server does not
understand the full nature of the client, and may occur where there is an
inconsistency across TSM server software modules.
If this was a Unicode-enabled client and the filespace involved is Unicode,
be sure to either specify UNIcode when providing the filespace name, or use
an FSID, as wacky results may ensue if the server misinterprets text.

  Richard Sims