ADSM-L

TSM server down

2004-06-22 21:41:23
Subject: TSM server down
From: "Hashim, Shukrie BSP-IMI/211" <Shukrie.Hashim AT SHELL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 09:40:49 +0800
hi there

my TSM server suddenly was down ... twice for the past 2 weeks ... once was on
the 17th June and the one was today ... 23rd June ... I dunno what is wrong ...

when I tried to log in by typing ...

dsmadmc

then it did ask me for my user id then ... when I typed in my user id ... i
press enter and then .. it gives ... this message

ANS1017E Session rejected: TCP/IP connection failure
ANS8023E Unable to establish session with server

ANS8002I Highest return code was -50

Solutions I tried :-
* I tried restarting the server using this command but didn't work

nohup /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/rc.adsmserv &

* when the first time the server was down ... on the 17th june ... I restarted
the machine itself then ... using this command shutdown -Fr it was fine after
that then ... this second time ... I tried he shutdown command again and ..
rc.adsmserv was running but ... the webadmin and the dsmadmc console was not
available .. at all ...

Please advice ...

Shukrie Hashim