ADSM-L

SQL agent for TSM

2004-06-22 08:44:17
Subject: SQL agent for TSM
From: "Persson, Linus" <linus.persson AT INTL.FMCTI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 13:30:04 +0100
Hi,
I have a problem with the "Data protection for SQL server" utility.
I need to restore a database into a new empty database. I have tried the
"restore into" and the "relocate" options but as soon as I start the actual
restore, the operation halts. The error message reads:

"Restore Failed [Microsoft][ODBC SQL server Driver][SQL Server] The database
to be restored was named MovexSMSENG. Reissue the statement using the WITH
REPLACE option to overwrite the MOVEXSMSENG2 database"

Anyone recognise this error message?
In my example the MovexSMSENG is the original database and the MovexSMSENG2
is the empty one where I try to restore it.

Linus Persson
It Coordinator Backoffice
Frigoscandia Equipment
FMC