ADSM-L

Re: about how to backup DB2

2004-06-18 10:52:44
Subject: Re: about how to backup DB2
From: jianyu he <andyhe1218 AT YAHOO DOT CA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 10:52:30 -0400
Hi, Bill

Thank you for you help.

I installed DB2 in windows server. I want to backup DB2, but I still didn't
find the redbook for DB2. I just found the book for ESS and DB2. Could you tell
me which book is for DB2.

Another problem is when I configured the TSM for WAS, I used "set waspassword",
but it told me" ANS0400E License file could not be opened". I used the trial
version for WAS. I was wondering if I need the license for it.

Andy.

Bill Boyer <bill.boyer AT VERIZON DOT NET> wrote:
DB2 natively supports TSM with the DB2 BACKUP command. on
http:\\www.redbooks.ibm.com search on TSM and there is a redbook on using
TSM wiht DB2. Or search the archives of this list. This has been discussed
before.

Bill Boyer
DSS, Inc.