ADSM-L

Re: Rename of Client server

2004-06-17 13:51:53
Subject: Re: Rename of Client server
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 12:51:29 -0500
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On Behalf Of
Shannon Bach
Soon most of our NW's will be migrated to a cluster.  In getting ready
for this process one of the server administrator's renamed one of his
Novell servers that I have been backing up.  Now he's called to tell me
and can't understand why TSM won't back it up anymore. I found lots of
stuff on renaming nodes but nothing on what to do if a client server is
renamed.

If you don't have the parameter NODENAME in the client option file
(dsm.opt), the TSM client assumes that the nodename is the machine name.
If you don't have the machine's new name registered as a TSM client, the
backup will fail.

--
Mark Stapleton