ADSM-L

Re: Fwd: ERROR: ANS1312E Server media mount not possible

2004-06-16 07:14:00
Subject: Re: Fwd: ERROR: ANS1312E Server media mount not possible
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 07:13:44 -0400
>I'm using TSM server 5.2 on IBM AIX 5.2 and facing the
>following MESSEAGE while running backup.
>
>"ANS1312E Server media mount not possible"
>
>I'm junor at TSM, so anybody can show me how to debug
>the things ?

You don't mention that you've looked up that client message, so the first step
would be to do that, either in the TSM Messages manual (accessible via
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/tividd/td/tdprodlist.html) or via 'dsmc help'.

Beyond that you can refer to cumulative causes of that message I've compiled
in http://people.bu.edu/rbs/ADSM.QuickFacts; and you can search the ADSM-L
archives for all the prior postings on that frequently posted message number:
          www.adsm.org  is the most commonly used
          www.marist.edu/htbin/wlvindex?adsm-l  yields a primitive file list
                You can also email the list administrator from this page.
                (Be aware that its web server is always slow.)
          www.mail-archive.com/adsm-l AT vm.marist DOT edu/

  Richard Sims   http://people.bu.edu/rbs