ADSM-L

Re: Antwort: TSM 5.1.9, delete filespace and restore of the deleted data

2004-06-14 07:49:17
Subject: Re: Antwort: TSM 5.1.9, delete filespace and restore of the deleted data
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 07:49:00 -0400
>... The deletion occured about 2 weeks ago ...
>I suppose all the data is still on the tapes. ...

See last week's discussion of this situation.  Unless your Reusedelay covers two
weeks, restoring the TSM db back two weeks may be a waste of time, unless tapes
just happen not to have been re-used.  But, then, do you have records which
definitively identify the tapes?  Few sites can restore the db back two weeks
anyway, so this may all be a moot pursuit.

   Richard Sims