ADSM-L

Re: Hey Big Blue....Why not MOVE DATA across copy pools?!?

2004-06-11 08:08:51
Subject: Re: Hey Big Blue....Why not MOVE DATA across copy pools?!?
From: David Nicholson <David_R_Nicholson AT WHIRLPOOL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 08:08:29 -0400
Hi Bill,

        As you might expect I avoid shooting myself in the foot....but
compost happens.     :)

        Any number of commands if not used properly could destroy
integrity of backups, none the less they are still usefull to have.

        Generally speaking, I try not to think of auditors....It is
similar to the anticipation one feels prior to an enema.       :)

        My primary pool is 40TB...backing it up to a new copypool would
present a number of problems for me.

Dave Nicholson
Whirlpool Corporation

"William F. Colwell" <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
06/10/2004 06:01 PM