ADSM-L

Include the root filesystem.

2004-06-10 10:30:48
Subject: Include the root filesystem.
From: Bruce Mitchell <Bruce.Mitchell AT BARCLAYSCAPITAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 15:15:20 +0100
I should know this but I'm not getting far  ......

A client is setting up virtual clients to backup 'cluster packages' in the
Solaris/HP world.

The intention in the 'inclexcl' file is to  :-

         exclude * ,
        then interrogate the Veritas resource group and include only the
filesystem's required.

This will work fine in the cluster packages, but the cluster owning nodes
need to backup the  O/S which will include /

How do I code the statement to include just the root filesystem.
If I code  :
        exclude *
        include /.../

It will backup all  files  in other mounted f/systems eg /opt /var. Is this
distinct to Solaris????, as I seem to remember AIX not walking the f/s
tree's in this manner.

I have tried
*       include /.../* which on Solaris seems to pick all mount points under
/..
 and
*       include  //.../* which expires all backup drirectly under /

We do not want to use the domain statement, as this means revisiting the
dsm.sys file, which will contain multiple server stanzas for logical
clients.

TIA.

Bruce Mitchell
Storage Management (AABR Project)
Barclays Capital
Canary Wharf, London
* +44 (020) 7773 4010
* bruce.mitchell AT barcap DOT com

Internet communications are not secure and therefore the Barclays
Group does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this
message.  Although the Barclays Group operates anti-virus programmes,
it does not accept responsibility for any damage whatsoever that is
caused by viruses being passed.  Any views or opinions presented are
Barclays Group.  Replies to this email may be monitored by the Barclays
Group for operational or business reasons.