ADSM-L

Re: how to find out the date when a file became inactive??

2004-06-08 13:14:08
Subject: Re: how to find out the date when a file became inactive??
From: Ben Bullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 11:13:24 -0600
        As far as I know. There is no easy way to get this other than
the nightly backup logs, which typically are not kept too long.

        I think you would need to run a select on the DB to pull that
one out. It looks like it is in the backups table. Here is a look at the
fields and how they are formatted:

      NODE_NAME: ADMIN-SRVX
 FILESPACE_NAME: /var/run
   FILESPACE_ID: 5
          STATE: INACTIVE_VERSION
           TYPE: FILE
        HL_NAME: /
        LL_NAME: syslog-ng.pid
      OBJECT_ID: 637355388
    BACKUP_DATE: 2004-01-02 17:11:56.000000
DEACTIVATE_DATE: 2004-01-11 17:10:49.000000
          OWNER: root
     CLASS_NAME: DEFAULT

Perhaps something like this would get it:

select FILESPACE_NAME, HL_NAME, LL_NAME, DEACTIVATE_DATE from backups
where node_name like 'CLIENT-NAME' and filespace_name like
'/file/space/name' and LL_NAME like "file.name"

        Or... Perhaps I'm smoking crack and there is a much easier way
to get this information...

Ben