ADSM-L

backup set or archive copy group w/ 7 year retention

2004-06-07 20:25:13
Subject: backup set or archive copy group w/ 7 year retention
From: CORP Rick Willmore <RWillmore AT RSAC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 17:24:54 -0700
Input appreciated.

2 AIX servers and I want to have something very similar to a End Of Month
Backup set that I run.  I would like to know if anyone sees any problems with
using a long term archive copy group to fulfill the same job as a backup set.
If you ask why I dont use a backup set, a legacy configuration is in place to
just have a long term archive copy group be utilized (just as a backup set
would be).  The LTO's would be shipped offsite with a full backup tape sent at
the same time.  Let me know if anyone sees a problem with using an archive copy
group instead of a backup set.

Rick.