ADSM-L

Backup Stgpool behaviour

2004-06-03 16:00:36
Subject: Backup Stgpool behaviour
From: Reimer <creimer AT IMPACTOW.COM DOT BR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 17:12:02 -0300
Hello,

I would like to understand how the process of backing up primary storage
pool to copy storage pool works in the following situation.

Suppose I've a storage pool called tapepool and a copy storage pool called
disaster-recovery, both sequencial storage pools. After some data migrated
to the tapepool storage pool a BACKUP STGPOOL is executed to copy this
data to disaster-recovery. Some time later, new data are migrated to the
tapepool again and I would like to know what will happen when the second
BACKUP STGPOOL will be executed.

Will TSM ask the last disaster-recovery tape volume and extend it? Or will
TSM ask another tape scracth volume to disaster-recovery and fill it with
only the new files that were last migrated to tapepool?

Thanks in advance!

Reimer
creimer AT impactow.com DOT br / www.quicksoft.com.br
Fone: (47) 231-6500 - Fax: (47) 231-6515