ADSM-L

Re: Schedule 3rd day of every month

2004-06-02 08:20:48
Subject: Re: Schedule 3rd day of every month
From: Anders Pontusson <Anders.Pontusson AT EXIST DOT SE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 14:20:19 +0200
How about scheduling a script with the following code on daily basis. The
3rd every month it will create a onetime-schedule for archiving. Just make
sure the syntax for define and delete schedule and association is correct.

SELECT DAY(CURRENT_DATE) FROM SYSCAT.TABLES WHERE DAY(CURRENT_DATE)=3
/*can be any table which isn't empty*/
IF (RC_NOTFOUND) GOTO RETRY
DEFINE SCHEDULE [YOUR_DOMAINNAME] ARCHIVE_ON_3RD TYPE=CLIENT
ACTION=ARCHIVE STARTTIME=NOW+0:30 PERUNITS=ONETIME
DEFINE ASSOCIATION [YOUR_DOMAINNAME] ARCHIVE_ON_3RD [YOUR_NODENAME]
EXIT

RETRY:
DELETE SCHEDULE [YOUR_DOMAINNAME] ARCHIVE_ON_3RD
EXIT

---------------------------------------
Anders Pontusson
Exist i Stockholm AB
Propellervägen 6b
183 62  Täby
Mobile: +46 70 - 399 32 90
Email: anders.pontusson AT exist DOT se
---------------------------------------

Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
2004-06-02 13:50
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Schedule 3rd day of every month

Hello everyone!

I was just wondering if anyone would happen to know how to create an admin
schedule that will archive a specific servers f:\archive filesystem on the
third day of every month for 365 days?  I know that I will need an MC of
365 for an archive copy group, but how is it possible to schedule it for
the 3rd?  Thanks in advance!!!

Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems