ADSM-L

Re: Question for you 3494 gurus -

2004-06-01 17:31:08
Subject: Re: Question for you 3494 gurus -
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 16:30:50 -0500
Wanda,
        I have had similar problems with 'lost tapes' in my 3583.
        A full checkout and checkin was the suggested solution
by IBM last time I asked (a long time ago now), but I found
doing a

        checkin libv LIBRARYNAME search=yes checkl=b stat=pri

will bring many tapes back into the fold.  I do a 'q libv'
before and after, and use a spreadsheet to find the differences.  Is it a
pain? Yes.  I don't do it often enough
to get it over my thresh hold of pain so that I automate it.