ADSM-L

Exclude not working

2004-06-01 15:56:20
Subject: Exclude not working
From: "creimer AT impactow.com DOT br" <creimer AT IMPACTOW.COM DOT BR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 17:07:37 -0300
Hi,

I would like to make incremental backups of a directory called /backup of
a Linux box and ignore all the other directories.

To select the specific directory I created an include-exclude options file
and inserted an inclexcl option in dsm.sys.

The query inclexcl shows:

No exclude filespace statements defined.
No exclude directory statements defined.
Incl All /backup           /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/inclexcl.txt
Incl All /backup/*         /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/inclexcl.txt
Incl All /backup/.../*     /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/inclexcl.txt
Excl All /.../*            /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/inclexcl.txt
Excl All /*                /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/inclexcl.txt
Excl All /                 /opt/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/inclexcl.txt

Even with all exclude statements the incremental backup is copying other
diretories and not only the /backup directory.

What should be done to exclude all the other directories from the backup?

Thanks in advance!

Reimer
creimer AT impactow.com DOT br / www.quicksoft.com.br
Fone: (47) 231-6500 - Fax: (47) 231-6515