ADSM-L

Re: Question for you 3494 gurus -

2004-06-01 15:47:14
Subject: Re: Question for you 3494 gurus -
From: Dwight Cook <cookde AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 14:42:35 -0500

have you tried to audit the volume to get things sort of reset ?
      mtlib -l /blah/blah -a -Vxxxxxxx
also does a query of the library show anything such as a gripper not
available ?
tape might have been on its way out of the library and the gripper failed
to be able to release it...
or any other intervention on the atl ???

Dwight E. Cook
Systems Management Integration Professional, Advanced
Integrated Storage Management
TSM Administration
(918) 925-8045

             "Prather, Wanda"
             <Wanda.Prather@JH
             UAPL.EDU>                                                  To
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Question for you 3494 gurus -

             06/01/2004 01:50
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"

OK, I"ve never seen this one before!

I was trying to track down a missing TSM scratch tape.
The library manager DB SEARCH says it is IN the 3494, but it's current
category code is FF10, which is the EJECT category.

mtlib -qV  -Vnnnnnn -l  libname

shows "volume in process of being ejected".

Well, it isn't!  And nothing shows up in the eject queue on the library
manager.
I have ejected other tapes today with no problem.

And if I use mtlib to try and CHANGE the category code again, I get "Change
Category operation failed, volume in use".
It has been this way for weeks, based on the last entry I see for it in the
TSM activity log.

Any idea how I fix this?

Thanks!

GIF image