ADSM-L

Renaming file spaces

2004-06-01 11:58:43
Subject: Renaming file spaces
From: "Bradberry, Kenneth" <Kenneth_Bradberry AT SUPERIORCONSULTANT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 11:42:58 -0400
We renamed a file space to it will not be overwritten by the normally
scheduled backups.  This copy contained the active and inactive versions
of a database backup.  When we attempted to restore from this renamed
file space, the inactive versions were not getting listed from the
client (Novell).  I attempted to view the files by submitting a select
statement that listed the contents by HL_NAME and I don't see anything
directly referencing the files I am looking for.  Any ideas why the
inactive versions of this data are not available?  The file space sizes
are consistent between the two file spaces.

Any help is much appreciated.

Kenneth L. Bradberry
IBM Certified Advanced Technical Expert - pSeries AIX, SP, TSM, HACMP,
ESS Director, Technical Planning and Infrastructure Superior Consultant
Company
(248) 226-4322 (Office)
(313) 673-1686 (Cell)