ADSM-L

Internet Connection and TSM server

2004-06-01 03:50:26
Subject: Internet Connection and TSM server
From: Muhammad Sadat <sadat AT INFOTECH.COM DOT PK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 12:41:59 +0500
Dear All,
As per my understanding, the only that needs to be configured is server
address in client option file if we are not using scheduling etc.
Adaptive sub file backup will be used to conserve dialup bandwidth.

Client connected to internet will receive IP address from some ISP, not
known to TSM server. When client contacts TSM server over internet (TSM
server has access to internet through firewall, Microsoft ISA Server), I
wish there is no problem in backups and restores.

Please correct me if I am wrong!

Best Wishes !
Sadi