ADSM-L

Management Class assignment in TSM

2004-05-28 04:25:57
Subject: Management Class assignment in TSM
From: Muhammad Sadat <sadat AT INFOTECH.COM DOT PK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 12:42:56 +0500
Dear All,
I am running TSM 5.2 server and client in Windows Environment. The
question is as under:

1- Created management class and set it as default for windows clients in
one department only.
2- Activated policy and the clients associated with this policy receive
this management class.
3- I create another management class in that policy set, and this one is
not default management class and is for Windows clients in other
department.
4- Until I use "include" option, I can't set from server which client is
using which management class. Also I don't want client user to do anything
in this regard.
5- If I make this one a temporary default management class, then the
clients will pick up this as their default class, which is not what i
intend, because all others accessing will also update themselves
erroneously.

What I am looking for:
I be able to assign management class to a client from server which is not
default management class.

I am stuck !!!

Sadi