ADSM-L

Re: Norton Corporate AV files

2004-05-26 10:24:20
Subject: Re: Norton Corporate AV files
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 08:23:47 -0600
> No, the backup stays around forever until you delete the filespace.

When you use EXCLUDE on a file that has already been backed up, TSM treats
the file the same way as if the file had been deleted from the client file
system. Thus:

1) The TSM client will expire the file on the TSM server.

2) The current (active) backup version becomes inactive.

3) All versions are subject to management via the VERDELETED copy group
setting.

4) All versions EXCEPT the most current backup version are subject to
management via the RETEXTRA copy group setting. This is only meaningful if
VERDELETED is 2 or more.

5) The most current backup version (the one marked inactive in #2 above)
is subject to management via the RETONLY copy group setting. This is only
meaningful as long as VERDELETED is nonzero.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 05/26/2004
06:49:27: