ADSM-L

Re: Tsm clinet 5.2.2 novell cluster

2004-05-25 15:40:47
Subject: Re: Tsm clinet 5.2.2 novell cluster
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 15:40:14 -0400

I am sure if you look in the ADSM-L archive, via www.ADSM.org, you will find lots of information on this topic. It has been discussed numerous times.

Some points on this, from what I have seen in the discussions from both here and the Novell TTP discussion group.

1.  Turn off clustering support when loading the TSA600 NLM's  (e.g. TSA600 /cluster=off)
2.  Unless they (both Tivoli and Novell) have fixed things, don't use TSAFS
3.  DSMCAD.NLM does not display anything. This is the Client Acceptor Daemon.  It has two purposes, as the WEB interface and the SCHEDULER, if you code "MANAGESERVICES WEBCLIENT SCHEDULE" in your DSM.OPT file.

Hope this helps !

Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>

05/25/2004 02:22 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc
Subject
Tsm clinet 5.2.2 novell cluster

I trying to do a Tsm We are having the following problems

Hello,

We are trying to do a TSm client (novell) Cluster

We have the problem of renaming DSMCAD and loading additional
instances to backup cluster volumes.  its looks semi-loaded.

When we loaded the renamed DSMCAD.NLM, it showed up in memory
but no console screen came up. Left it that way, but it didn't do any
backups.
When I tried unloading it from memory, I couldn't. Had to reboot the
server.

Has anyone ever done a TSM client Novell cluster?
Any tips hints?

Thanks

We are using TSM client 5.2.2
on netware 6