ADSM-L

Re: dsmcad output redirection to dev null not effective on AIX.

2004-05-25 01:28:32
Subject: Re: dsmcad output redirection to dev null not effective on AIX.
From: Jurjen Oskam <jurjen-tsm AT STUPENDOUS DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 07:27:59 +0200
On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 12:50:34PM -0700, Robert Clark wrote:

> We have a few systems where the dsmcad appears to be outputting a countdown
> on /dev/console, despite the output being directed to /dev/null in inittab.

Was both stdout and stderr redirected? (e.g. something like dsmcad 2>&1
1>/dev/null)

Otherwise, you could check with truss to see what dsmcad is doing.

--
Jurjen Oskam

"Avoid putting a paging file on a fault-tolerant drive, such as a mirrored
volume or a RAID-5 volume. Paging files do not need fault-tolerance." - 308417