ADSM-L

moved file on Netware ?

2004-05-18 19:58:12
Subject: moved file on Netware ?
From: Justin Case <justin.case AT DUKE DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 19:58:05 -0400
We have a question on an issue that came on a Netware box, that a user
moved some
of directory tree from the original backup tree to another tree. Then we
had a restore request
for the original tree which was moved. So we could not find any files to
restore. We had the
default backup copy group set to version exist 2, version delete 1, retain
extra 30, and retain only 365.
So why was there not any inactive files to restore for the original tree?
Need help in an explanation of what happen.
TSM client code 5.2.2.0
TSM server code 5.2.2.3 OS AIX 5.1.0.5 64bit

So is a move of files on a system from one branch to another not a delete?

Thanks

Justin