ADSM-L

How to Pass the "L2" Barcode Media Type to TSM

2004-05-17 16:24:20
Subject: How to Pass the "L2" Barcode Media Type to TSM
From: Marc Levitan <marc.levitan AT PFPC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 16:22:39 -0400
Library = Storagetek L700e
Drives = HP LTO2
Barcode = 123456L2
AIX 5.1
TSM 5.2.2.4

Issue:  When I checkin these tapes I get "123456" as the volume name.
What I would like to see is "123456L2" as the volume name.

I want to have the L2 Media Type on the barcode be read by Tivoli.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
Marc Levitan
Storage Management
PFPC Global Funds Services

The contents of this email are the property of PNC. If it was not addressed to
you, you have no legal right to read it. If you think you received it in error,
please notify the sender. Do not forward or copy without permission of the
sender.