ADSM-L

AW: Command line equivalent for GUI

2004-05-13 03:40:57
Subject: AW: Command line equivalent for GUI
From: Stefan Holzwarth <stefan.holzwarth AT ADAC DOT DE>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 09:40:30 +0200
Hi Rodney

we use successfully the following since 2 years:
(for each Volume at the NAS server sznas01 we have a construct like the
example "data1")

Content of dsm_a.opt
NODENAME                SZNAS01_A
* EXCLUDE.DIR \\sznas01\tsmdata1$\[A-E]*
EXCLUDE.DIR \\sznas01\tsmdata1$\[F-J]*
EXCLUDE.DIR \\sznas01\tsmdata1$\[K-O]*
EXCLUDE.DIR \\sznas01\tsmdata1$\[P-T]*
EXCLUDE.DIR \\sznas01\tsmdata1$\[U-Z0-9$]*

Content of dsm_b.opt
NODENAME                SZNAS01_B
EXCLUDE.DIR \\sznas01\tsmdata1$\[A-E]*
*EXCLUDE.DIR \\sznas01\tsmdata1$\[F-J]*
EXCLUDE.DIR \\sznas01\tsmdata1$\[K-O]*
EXCLUDE.DIR \\sznas01\tsmdata1$\[P-T]*
EXCLUDE.DIR \\sznas01\tsmdata1$\[U-Z0-9$]*

so we have 5 TSM-nodes at one NT machine defined.
The advantage is that you don't have that big volumes to backup and recover
from one TSM-node.

We are able do do a full incremental of all volumes of our filer within 24
hours to TSM 5.2 @ MVS. (8 M+ objects 3 TByte Size)

Kind regards
Stefan Holzwarth