ADSM-L

Re: Sharing 3494-Library

2004-05-12 09:56:14
Subject: Re: Sharing 3494-Library
From: "Hart, Charles" <charles.hart AT MEDTRONIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 08:56:02 -0500
Yes it's possible, we have one 3494 with 16 x 3592 FC Drives.  We use the LAN
connectivity option to get to the two AIX TSM servers to see the same tap
library.  We have the same entries in each of the TSM server's ibmatl.conf file
which allows both TSM servers to see the library manager.  We also have the
same library name and definitions set up in TSM on both boxes with different
scratch categories, (IE tsmserver1 Lib Def = 3494lib1 and tsmserver2 Lib Def =
3494lib1)

Our 3592 Tape Drives are SAN attached and we have all 16 Drives zoned to
tsmserver1 and tsmserver2, but we only define 8 Drives to tsmserver1 and the
other tsmserver2 within TSM.  We hope to get library sharing setup, but we are
still migrating 3590 Tape data to the 3592's

Hope this helps.

Charles