ADSM-L

Re: 2 slots lost in library - Help!

2004-05-10 14:37:52
Subject: Re: 2 slots lost in library - Help!
From: Sung Y Lee <sunglee AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 14:35:09 -0400

Could it be there are two cleaning tapes with or without barcode inside the
library?
In 3584 library when I do "show slots libraryname" I see cleaning tapes
listed, but dont' show up in q libvolume
Also, there is a good command I use for Unix, "tapeutil -f /dev/smc0
inventory" can assist you in PD your situation.
Not sure if it works on Windows.

Sung Y. Lee

             Copperfield Adams
             <Copperfield.Adam
             s AT WWAVRC.CO DOT UK>
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     2 slots lost in library - Help!

             05/10/2004 01:14
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"

Hi,

I have an issue with my 3583 Ultrium LTO changer. We are pretty much
running our changer at capacity the entire time and have to check out tapes
in the morning in order to checkin scratch to get a db backup and usually
have appx. 56 or 57 private tapes in the library at any one time. Just
recently I have noticed there is a discrepancy in the number of tapes in
the library and the number of slots available:
The library's capacity is 60 and running 'Q LIBV' shows only 58 tapes
within the library. If I try to check any more scratch tapes in I get TSM
returning an error that it cannot checkin scratch as the library is full. I
have issued 'AUDIT LIBR <lib_name> CHECKL=BARCODE' and 'AUDIT LIBR
<lib_name> CHECKL=Y' but it still returns the same number of volumes within
the library (58).
I desparately need the 2 slots that TSM does not now recognise. Is this
likely to be a problem with the DB or the library and does anybody know how
to correct?

Many thanks, C. Adams.

C. Adams
IT Support Analyst
WRC Holdings Limited
adacop AT wwavrc.co DOT uk

solely for the individual(s) or entity(s) to whom it is addressed.  Any
views or opinions presented or expressed herein, are those of the
author(s), and may not necessarily represent those of WWAV Rapp Collins
Group or it's affiliates and representatives.  No representation is given
nor any liability accepted for the accuracy or completeness of any
information contained in this email unless expressly stated to the
contrary. Neither is any liability accepted for any damage or financial or
personal loss howsoever caused as a result of using the information or data
contained within this email.

If you are not the intended recipient(s) and/or have received this email in
error, you may not use, disseminate, store, forward, print or copy it, in
any method or form, either digital or otherwise.  You must delete it
completely from your system(s) and notify the sender that you received it,
so we can ensure it does not happen again.

Registered Office: 1 Riverside, Manbre Road, London UK, W6 9WA.  Registered
in England No. 1581935

GIF image

GIF image

GIF image