ADSM-L

Re: What didn't get backed up?

2004-05-05 16:01:51
Subject: Re: What didn't get backed up?
From: Dmitri Pasyutin <pasd AT MAIL DOT RU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 21:56:20 +0200
On Wednesday 05 May 2004 19:48, MC Matt Cooper (2838) wrote:
> PCs (TSM client 5.2.0.6) with no excludes.  Normally we only backup a
> very specific directory structure on a PC.  So thinking that it is only
> a few PCs I will backup everything.  It inspecect 26,009 files but only
> backed up 23,511 files.   What didn't get backed up?   Will I be able to
> restore installed software?

There are certain exclude directives that are configured by default and
stored in the registry, for example ?:\pagefile.sys and "System Volume
Information" directories. If you type "q inclexcl" on the client they will
show up in the "Operating System" section.

I'm not sure however that these files get inspected at each incremental.

Dmitri