ADSM-L

Re: TSM DB growing, but number of files remains the same ...

2004-05-04 12:01:06
Subject: Re: TSM DB growing, but number of files remains the same ...
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 09:58:07 -0600
Hi Arnaud,

You can also take a look at the SUMMARY table, which contains a lot of the
same information that appears in the account log. Something like this
might prove to be a useful starting point:

select entity as NODE,
      date(end_time) as DATE,
      activity,
      sum(examined) as EXAMINED,
      sum(affected) as OBJECTS,
      sum(bytes) as BYTES
   from summary
   where activity='BACKUP' or activity='ARCHIVE'
   group by entity, end_time, activity

Look for increases to number of OBJECTS over time, new node names, etc.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

PAC Brion Arnaud <Arnaud.Brion AT PANALPINA DOT COM>
05/04/2004 08:05
Please respond to
"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: TSM DB growing, but number of files remains the same ...

Mark : thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try !

Ted : as per TSM help : The environment variable,
DSMSERV_ACCOUNTING_DIR, specifies the directory where the accounting
file is located. Now I know this, but as said before, forgot to
reactivate accounting ...

Arnaud

Panalpina Management Ltd., Basle, Switzerland, CIT Department
Viadukstrasse 42, P.O. Box 4002 Basel/CH
Phone:  +41 (61) 226 11 11, FAX: +41 (61) 226 17 01
Direct: +41 (61) 226 19 78
e-mail: arnaud.brion AT panalpina DOT com