ADSM-L

Re: Using subfile backup for specific filetypes ?

2004-05-01 14:51:24
Subject: Re: Using subfile backup for specific filetypes ?
From: TSM_User <tsm_user AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 11:48:12 -0700
The q inclexcl does list the all includes and excludes in top down fasion.  I
wouldn't say that it processes it in that order.  This command is simply a list.

The client optionset and dsm.opt files are the things that are processed and
they are processed from the bottom up.  Of course all the other particulars
apply, Exclude.dirs are always processed first, etc.  I think it would have
been much better if they would have listed q inclexcl in bottom up fashion as
well.

Stef Coene <stef.coene AT DOCUM DOT ORG> wrote:
On Friday 30 April 2004 04:29, TSM_User wrote:
> Remember that the include exclude list is read from the bottom up. So
> based on what you typed the include for subfile backup would not happen.
> The order should be as follows:
>
> Domain D:
> SubFileBackup Yes
> Exclude *
> Include d:\MyFolder\...\*
> exclude.subfile d:\MyFolder\...\*
> Include.subfile d:\MyFolder\...\*.msx
I don't have ay subfile includes, but if you start dsmc, you can use the
command "q incl" to see the full include - exclude list (client option set +
dsm.opt + operation system excludes). And this list is processed from top to
bottom.

Stef

--
stef.coene AT docum DOT org