ADSM-L

Re: Disk and Tape access over the same fibre adapter

2004-04-29 09:31:58
Subject: Re: Disk and Tape access over the same fibre adapter
From: "Marcel J.E. Mol" <marcel AT MESA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 15:29:53 +0200
Hi,
No whitepapers or the like, just experience: we are running a
RS/6k with 4 HBA's with mixed disk and tape.
Each ESS disk runs through each HBA (e.g. each vpath has 4
hdisks). Each HBA also runs 2 LTO-1 drives from a 3584 library.

This  setup is running for over 4 years now without any problems
(the last two year TSM is involved. The RS/6k now uses the LTO
drives through the LANfree option whereas befoer we use some local
backup mechanism).

-Marcel

--
     ======--------         Marcel J.E. Mol                MESA Consulting B.V.