ADSM-L

RES: Database and log format question.

2004-04-28 10:36:04
Subject: RES: Database and log format question.
From: Paul van Dongen <paul AT VANGUARD-IT.COM DOT BR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 11:29:42 -0300
Hello All,

  I am not shure, but what I observed is that when you format the DB volumes on
UNIX, this takes some time while the actual formatting is being done. On a
Windows system, though, DB formats occur instantly, regardless of the size of
the files. The actual formatting of the DB volumes on a Windows system seems to
occur during the log mount phase.
  Using a small Windows system I formatted a 50GB database and a 100MB log
(just to bring the server up) in 5 seconds! The log mount, however, lasted for
about 90 minutes.

Regards,

Paul Gondim van Dongen
VANguard - Value Added Network guardians
http://www.vanguard-it.com.br
+55 81 3225-0353